Terms & Conditions
Orthotic Solutions Podiatry (OSP) Commitment to Patients
Expert assessment, diagnosis & treatments, every time
- Our podiatrists are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) and members of the Australian Podiatry Association, Sports Medicine Australia and Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine.
- All our procedures, consultations and record keeping are in accordance with the Podiatry Board of Australia’s policies, codes & guidelines.
- All patients are encouraged to ask questions during the consultation to ensure an understanding of the information being provided by the podiatrist.
- In healthcare, failure of a successful outcome of treatment does not equate to a lack of skill, an inappropriate level of care or incorrect treatment. Despite this, the podiatrists at OSP are committed to reducing & hopefully, complete resolution of our patients’ painful conditions. Therefore, we offer free review consultations for the 1st year once a patient is fitted with custom made orthotics to encourage follow up visits and open communication with our patients.
- The following guarantees, free consultations & discounts are for private ‘fee paying’ patients only and do not apply to Department of Veterans Affairs, Australian Defence Force, workers compensation, third party or medico-legal patients.
A 4 year orthotic shell guarantee
- All custom made polypropylene shell orthotics fitted by OSP are guaranteed to be free from permanent defects or breakage for 4 years from the date of fitting or replaced free of charge.
- OSP’s shell guarantee does not cover breakage which is deemed to be intentional breakage or neglectful acts such as leaving the orthotics near a heat source, in a car on a hot day, pets chewing the orthotics, etc.
- The OSP shell guarantee is voided if the orthotics are modified by anyone other than an OSP podiatrist.
A 1 year top-cover guarantee
- All custom made orthotics fitted by OSP will have top-covers that are guaranteed to be free from permanent defects or separation from the shell for 1 year from the date of fitting or replaced free of charge.
- OSP’s top-cover guarantee does not cover damage which is deemed to be intentional or neglectful acts such as leaving the orthotics near a heat source, in a car on a hot day, pets chewing the orthotics, etc.
- OSP podiatrists may recommend alternative materials to be used as a replacement top-cover, should the defect be deemed excessive &/or premature.
- The OSP top-cover guarantee is voided if the orthotics are modified by anyone other than an OSP podiatrist.
Free 1st year review consultations
- All custom made orthotic review consultations and any alterations to the orthotics (as per the above conditions) for the first year will be free of charge.
- All consultations for injuries, conditions, issues, etc. that are deemed not related to the custom made orthotics will be charged in accordance with our standard fee schedule.
- Should the orthotics be found to be modified by anyone other than an OSP podiatrist, consultation & adjustment fees may be charged.
A 20% discount on a 2nd pair of custom made orthotics
- If you order a 2nd pair of custom made orthotics within 2 months of the fitting date of the 1st pair of custom made orthotics, the 2nd pair will receive a 20% discount off the cost of the 1st pair (Item code 221 x 2).
- The 1 & 4 year guarantees as stipulated above will be applied to the 2nd pair of orthotics.
- An additional deposit as per the following process will be required.
Custom made orthotic ordering process
- All patients or parents/guardians must sign an OSP Orthotic Agreement form.
- All orders of custom made orthotics require a 50% deposit to be paid. This amount is based on the total number of Item Code 221 ordered (ie; 1 pair or 2 pairs).
- All custom made orthotics must be collected within 90 days of the casting / scanning of the feet. Failure to collect the orthotics and complete payment within 90 days will result in the commencement of proceedings to reclaim the total fees (and associated costs) agreed to as per the signed Orthotic Agreement.
New patient payment & cancellation policy
- All new patient bookings will require pre-payment equivalent to the “Initial Consultation Item Code 004” (either $80 or $100 depending on practitioner/clinic selected).
- Online bookings will be contacted as soon as possible after the booking is made in order to arrange the pre-payment. All efforts will be made to contact the patient, but should payment not be received 48 hours before the appointment, the appointment may be cancelled (allowances will be made for weekends.)
- Upon attendance of the appointment, the pre-payment will become a part or whole payment for the consultation fee/s and should there be a health fund rebate claimed via HICAPS, all necessary refunds will be made.
- The pre-payment is fully refundable/transferable if the appointment is cancelled or rescheduled with greater than 48 hours notice.
- The pre-payment is forfeited if the appointment is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice or the patient fails to attend or is greater than 20 minutes late. If the appointment is rescheduled with less than 48 hours notice, the pre-payment can only be transferred to another appointment time, not refunded.
- The pre-payment may be partially or fully refunded at the discretion of the practice manager &/or owner.